Tyres constitute one of the most significant aspects of your car and any problem here would hugely affect your steam’s performance. Thus, it’s always suggested that you opt for the best of tyre brands. The article here is a short brief on top 10 tyre brands in the world.
- Brigestone- Check any list on global tire companies and you will find Bridgestone topping the roster everywhere. The Nippon tyre giant is being hailed as the #1 in tyre manufacturing globally for 5 times in a row.
- Michelin- Next in the line is the French tyre manufacturer Michelin which is based in Clermont-Ferrand. It’s the owner of famous brands like Uniroyal and BF Goodrich and holds a revenue of 21.47 billion USD.
- Goodyear Tyre & Rubber Company- It’s America’s largest car manufacturer founded in the year 1898. The company has been christened after vulcanized rubber inventor Charles Goodyear. The company holds a revenue of around 18.832 billion USD.
- Continnetal AG- The esteemed German tyre manufacturer is a prominent name in the automobile industry for its versatile inventory of varied auto parts of which tyres are the most prominent. It holds a revenue of around 32. 7 billion.
- Pirelli- The major Italian tyre manufacturer is the 5th biggest tyre manufacturers in the world. The company has been endowed with the exclusive honor of supplying tyres for F1 Championship since 2011 to 2018 & FIM World Superbike Championship.
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries- It’s the 2nd largest tyre manufacturer from The Land of Rising Sun. The company is in a collaborative venture with Goodyear.
- Yokohama Rubber- the Tokyo based leading Nippon tyre manufacturer was founded in 1917. The company supplies tyre for IMSTA GT3 Cup Challenge, World Touring Car Championship & F3 Macau Grand Prix Intercontinental Cup Race.
- Hankook Tire- It’s an esteemed tire manufacturer from South Korea. The company is chiefly famous for radial tire & bias-ply tire.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company- the prestigious US tire manufacturer holds forte in manufacturing of the replacement automobile & truck tires.
- Cheng Shin Rubber Industry- The esteemed Taiwan tyre manufacturer is especially regarded for its MAXXIS tyre label.
The SUVs are a quite a rage these among the car aficionados. This car-based crossover has duly filled in the rising demand for the utility vehicles thanks to its truck like functionality smartly conjoined with carlike comfort & fuel economy facilities. Are you too planning to have your own SUV this year and looking for suggestions. Well, the post below presents a brief guide on factors to look for while finding the ideal SUV which is followed by recommendations on top SUVs of 2013.
Tips while buying a SUV
Your chosen SUV must offer convenient seating for minimum 5 passengers with adequate legroom for the full-sized adults. Adjustment within the car must be possible for sufficient cargo capacity. The compact SUVs usually check in with 4 & 6 cylinder engines while the 6 cylinder is standard in mid-sized SUVs along with 4 & 8 cylinder options. The full-sized vehicles are available with V8 engines offering 12 -20 mpg. The 4 cylinder option is the most cost-effective providing combined mileage from low to the mid 20s and 6 cylinder cars average in upper teens. Be careful of necessary safety features in your vehicle such as airbags on front-seat, antilock brakes, stability control, side curtain full-length airbags, knee airbags, parking sensors and rearview cameras. The price of SUVs starts from below 20K USD and can go beyond 100,000 USD for luxury models.
Top SUVs for 2013
- Honda CR-V- It’s perfect for the small families. The generous interior design of the car makes convenient space for both passengers and cargo. You will love its thoughtful portfolio & excellent safety presence as well as the promise of great fuel economy. The car comes under 25,000 USD.
- GMC Acadia- It’s fondly dubbed as classic American vehicle given its strong stress on refinement and comfort. The big 8 passenger car comes with optional AWD that makes it a favorable choice to conveniently rise through all inclement conditions. It comes under 34,000 USD.
- BMW X-3- It makes an appealing choice for those on the lookout of cost-effective luxury SUVs. The BMW is pretty impressive with its marvelous 4 cylinder turbocharged engine that offers 300 hp. The car assures AWD & enhanced fuel efficiency. It comes under 40,000 USD.
For all car fanatics, the car that has been raking the popularity stakes is the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. One of the USPs of this amazing car is its asymmetrical body design that has functional value as well. The power emitted from the turbocharged engine of this car is good and the dashboard that is replete with great technical specifications has been winning accolades as well.
The new thing about the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo is that it offers the much needed extra velocity due to the turbo model. The turbo model of this car offers extra 63 horsepower along with 72 pound feet of torque with a lot of other mechanical modifications. This car features a lot of aesthetical enhancements as well which have further led to its popularity.
When you view the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo from the side of the driver, the car will look like a three-door hatchback but when you look from the side of the passenger, it will look like a five door one. The truth is in between; this car is actually a four door hatchback. It has one door on the side of the driver, the passenger’s side has two doors and the last one is lifting hatch out back. Though the door arrangement seems unconventional, this has an advantage as well. Due to this uneven configuration the smaller, second door on the side of the passenger offers easy access to the back seat wherein there is no need to tilt forward the front seat.
The turbo of the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo requires special mention. Beneath the sculpted hood of this car there is a four cylinder, 1.6 liter engine which has been augmented with the technology of gasoline direct injection and twin scroll turbo. The 1.6 liter block is the same turbo that powers all the Veloster but in the 2013 Veloster Turbo, there is an addition of turbocharger and all the required modifications have been made to handle the enhanced air pressure.
This car offers value for money with its enhanced features and it comes with lengthy warranty as well.
If you are looking for some of the top cars of 2013 to take your pick from, here is some help. The bestselling car of the year 2013 is definitely the Ford F-Series and despite the stiff competition faced by the Ram 1500 which has been very well received and the Chevy Silverado which has been amazingly redesigned, the Ford F-Series is well on its way to become the bestselling pick-up car of America for the 37th straight year and the bestselling car overall for 32 years. The Ford F-Series features half ton F-150 and also 3.4 and 1 ton Super Duty which guarantees efficient and powerful engine along with great hauling capability and workhouse towing. The well controlled handling is also one of the biggest USPs of this pick up vehicle.
Another car that has been ruling the roost this year is the Chevrolet Silverado. The new model of this car is much more refined compared to its predecessors and the fuel efficient engine along with its world class towing capability enhances the performance of this car.
The Toyota Camry has also been doing great business this year and though its sales have lowered compared to the last year, it still continues to be the family’s favorite sedan because of its comfort and reliability.
One of the cars that you can take a look at is the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo and one of the biggest advantages of this car is its 45% boost in horsepower. This car signaled that Hyundai is finally laying focus on performance along with design and quality. Though the suspension of this car is alike its predecessor the 1.6 liter four cylinder engine is its biggest USP. The stock Veloster is definitely fun but it does appear less refined when compared to some sporty cars, for example the VW GTI.
Another car that has been winning accolades and appreciation this year is the Dodge Dart R/T and people who have driven this car only have words of praises for it. This car rides on the Fiat chassis which it has borrowed from Alfa Romeo Giulietta and this also features a completely independent suspension.
The smart car owners are always on the spree to customize their cars getting them beyond the manufacturer’s abilities for improved vehicle performance or enhanced fuel efficiency. The custom wheels occupy a high placement in the list of customizable projects regarding the car. In simple words, the custom wheels are referred to those wheels that have either replaced manufacturer’s standard or have been modified above the manufacturer’s standard. The automobile market is well packed with a versatile range of customized wheels for regular cars, trucks and motorcycles as well.
It’s interesting to note that the custom wheels were first introduced by racing car drivers long back in 1950s & 60s. The yesteryear smart racing car drivers came up with lightweight magnesium wheels that helped to reduce the overall weight of the car facilitating better performance on track. However, these customized magnesium wheels were too fragile for everyday cars. Thus, the contemporary auto scene has checked in with lightweight yet sturdy aluminum alloy custom wheels which back up the car with improved strength without compromising on the lightness.
As custom wheels help to reduce weight of the car, it further helps in securing improved acceleration & braking. Then, alloy customized wheels have proved to reduce tire rollover and tire deflection. The 5 spoke & 6 spoke customized wheels feature an open design that allows better flow of air over brakes leading to cooler brakes.
It’s interesting to note that the trendy custom wheels are available in a wealth of finishes. Chrome is the most dominant for customized wheel finishing and you will be getting painted and polished custom wheels as well. The chrome wheels are offered in either conventional chrome plating or the edgy PVD chrome. The PVD chrome custom wheels are guarded with clear coat & are very popular in a number of wheel companies. Polished wheels lack this clear coat & are vulnerable to oxidation that keeps them in demand for frequent re-polishing. You will find the painted wheels in a wide range of colors and these are shielded with clear coat akin to chrome options. Silver & black are mostly common for painted finishes- some of the painted custom wheels even feature machined surface.